Here was the competition information sheet that competitors were to base their cake design off of for the show.
- Names of couple: Kortni O’Grodnick and Aaron Kelly
- Wedding date: April 2, 2011
- Reception location: Harbour View 13200 Marina Way, Woodbridge, VA (http://www.harbourviewevents.com/)
- Reception time: 5:00 p.m.
- Wedding Theme: “Simple, yet elegant”
- The ceremony will be outside on the patio, and the reception will be inside in the converted barn.
- The wedding colors chosen by the bride are ivory, navy, and kiwi green.
- The bride will be wearing a dress by Alfred Angelo (style 1719), in ivory with a navy ribbon.
- Bouquet: Ivory Roses with grass blades looping through with a navy blue ribbon on the stems. She’s also having ivory Calla Lilies, mini ivory Cymbidium Orchids, and Peonies at the reception. Kortni would love to see these flowers incorporated in her cake design.
- The bridesmaids will be wearing dresses by Alfred Angelo bridesmaid style 6482), in navy.
- The maid of honor will be in kiwi green
- They are not traditional people and would love to see other shapes besides round in their wedding cake.
- They are intrigued by the notion of a monogram (KKA) on their cake, but don’t have a specific style in mind.
- Kortni and Aaron met 11 years ago and are the perfect complements of each other. Kortni co-owns her own custom cake shop and Aaron loves to cook. They both have an interest in photography as a hobby.
- They are honeymooning in Europe for three weeks. Kortni has never been, but Aaron enjoys Italy and Germany. Aaron’s favorite artist is Monet, and Korni’s is Van Gogh.
Check out that stringwork! WOW!
Love the lace detail on the sides of this cake!
Loving this cake and the style of the corset tier!
So much detail!
Well I don't know who won, but I have to say they were all beautiful and so detailed! Hope you enjoyed checking out all of the talent that MD, D.C. and VA has to offer!