Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Finding Nemo/Under the Sea Baby Shower

I wanted to share this awesome baby shower I had the pleasure of contributing to.The mama to be wanted a Finding Nemo/ Under the Sea themed party for her baby boy's shower. The color scheme for the party was green, blue, and orange. I thought this theme was really cute for a baby boys shower and tried to incorporate the them completely throughout the dessert table.The party was being held at a waterfront home which was the perfect backdrop for this party.
 
For the cake I made a topsy turvy Finding Nemo themed cake complete with edible Squirt and Nemo. We featured Squirt on the top of the cake since he was the mama-to-be's favorite character. We also made a variety of mini desserts to tie in the theme. We had sugar coral cupcakes, blue jello fish bowls, fruit cheesecake star shooters, shell cookies, and Inky chocolate covered marshmallows.
 
 
 For the decorations I made a wooden sign that spelled out the baby boys name. I painted it and added Nemo characters to it and displayed it in the front of the dessert table. I also added sea shells, starfish, and sand to decorate the table.

 I tried to incorporate mini fish bowls into the dessert table to represent when Nemo was stuck in the fish tank during the movie.
 Edible Inky's
 I love the way the sugar coral turned out. It looked so realistic! I will be posting a tutorial on how I made it in the near future.
 
 Some of the themed food included ocean punch, shark watermelon, goldfish, and Swedish fish.

 
For the favors, the hostess made little bags of chocolate popcorn for everyone to take home and labeled it fish food. Yum!
 
I think the kids enjoyed the desserts!
 
Here is a close-up of Squirt which was made by my awesome husband Jason! I think he did a fantastic job on him! He is so cute!
So hope you enjoyed this baby shower feature! I will be posting the new sugar coral tutorial shortly and of course many more wedding cakes as wedding season is in high gear now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very lovely, thanks for sharing!!
-Celina