Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Great American Cake Show

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of attending The Great American Cake Show in Westminster, Maryland. Once again I missed the deadline to enter my own cake, :( but that's okay, I still enjoyed going and viewing all of the talent Maryland has to offer. I will post this competition in two parts, first the divisional cakes, and tomorrow the wedding cakes.

The cakes are from all different divisions and categories. I just took pictures of cakes that caught my eye. So, without further ado, on with all the wonderful cakes! The first cake I loved because of the colors, and the beautiful sugar flowers! Amazing!
Of course, I had to take a picture of this cake, because it represents Maryland!


Love Snoopy!
This elephant looked so realistic! The shading and coloring on the cake was amazing, and really brought the piece to life!

One of the special categories for the divisional cakes was shoes. I think whoever made these shoes, really did an awesome job!
Super cute, and funny!
Wizard of Oz!

This cake was for me the most impressive cake entered into the divisional competition! The detail work on this cake was out of this world. The pictures really don't do it justice. The figures looked so realistic and the mountain top was amazingly sculpted.

The best part of this cake was the mirror displayed behind the cake, so that you could see the back side of the mountain cliff. Wow, so cool!

Well, I hope you enjoyed looking at some of the divisional cakes in this competition! A lot of talented people in and around the Maryland area. Make sure to check back tomorrow for the wedding cake competition, where the theme was holidays!

No comments: