Monday, April 23, 2012

Sprinkles Cupcake Review

So, since I did a review of Georgetown Cupcakes I thought it was only fair to do a review of Sprinkles cupcakes as well since they also have a location in Georgetown. We had cupcakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next few nights.


We decided to get a half dozen cupcakes. The flavors we chose included one cinnamon, one strawberry, one banana, two brown sugar, and one vanilla. The cupcakes were more expensive than Georgetown Cupcakes, at $3.50 a cupcake, but they were also quite a bit larger.

First up, plain old vanilla. I have found that a really good vanilla cupcake is hard to find. Sprinkles, however did not disappoint. The cake was very moist and the icing had great flavor. Our only comment would be that the icing was layered on a bit to thick for our liking.

Next up was the banana cupcake. I am not a huge fan of banana, but my husband is, which is why we bought the cupcake. The banana cupcake had a most banana cake, and the frosting was excellent.

Next up, the strawberry cupcake. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that I did not taste any artificial flavor in the frosting. The cake was very moist and the frosting had a tasty subtle strawberry flavor. Very tasty! The only comment would be again we felt the icing was a bit to thick for our liking.

On to the cinnamon cupcake. This cupcake was quite different because it had no frosting on it. It kind of reminded me of a muffin. It tasted just like a donut, although not what one would expect when eating cupcakes. Overall, this was my least favorite of the bunch, but my husband enjoyed it.

I saved the best for last. The brown sugar cupcake. This cupcake was awesome! I don't know how else to describe it. The cake was moist the icing was delicious, and the crunchy topping just finished it off. I loved this cupcake and I think my husband would agree. If you ever get the chance to eat a Sprinkles cupcake then you should definitely try this one. YUM!
Overall, I loved the Sprinkles cupcakes. Although a bit pricey I would happily pay that again to try more of their flavors. Plus, no waiting in a long line! A serious win in my book!

1 comment:

Janice said...

How did I miss this blog post!