Monday, January 10, 2011

Hawaii

So now that I finally uploaded our photos from our honeymoon in Maui, I thought that I would share them! Maui was breathtaking at every turn, and there were some many photos to choose from but I thought I would share the highlights of our trip. I also wanted to share some ocean-inspired cakes that we did recently, in keeping with the theme of today.


 Snorkeling with the sea turtles!









This picture amazes me because it looks like we Photoshopped it.




Sunrise on top of  Haleakalā summit of 10,000 feet.




Now for the cakes! The first cake was created by Jason for a competition and I think he did an amazing job. Everyone was amazed at how the turtle appears to be swimming above the ocean floor. The turtle is pretty cute too!


The second cake was for a little girl's birthday. She loves sea turtles (who doesn't?), so we decided to make her one large sea turtle. I love the way the design on the shell turned out!



I hope you enjoyed my trip photos today!

No comments: