Monday, January 24, 2011

A Very Merry Unbirthday

I have been waiting to share this awesome party with everyone. Kim Stagi from Two Little Birds Events and Design came up with this idea for her children's joint birthday party. Since both her kids have birthdays around the same time, she decided to have one huge party. The theme of the party was Mad Hatter—which is a totally awesome theme for both boys and girls. All of the guests came dressed up with different "mad hats". A totally great idea!  Thanks for all the photos, Kim!






For the cake, I was given total freedom of design. I decided to do a Mad Hatter cake with a Cheshire Cat teapot balanced on top. I also added little fondant drinking bottles and cakes that said "drink me" and "eat me". I attached a note to the hat that said "Have a Very Merry Unbirthday"! We also made salted caramel cupcakes, vanilla cake balls, and mini cherry and apple pies.




How cute is the birthday girl in her princess attire? Love it!





 Both birthday girl and boy blowing out the candle!
I hope you all enjoyed this party as much as I did. To see more pictures from this party go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the cake and the salted caramel cupcakes sound great