Monday, April 8, 2013

Capital Area Cake Show 2013 Divisional Cakes





 
Every year I try to make it to the two cake shows that are relatively close to my area. I love to go and see all the talent that Maryland and Virginia has to offer. Most of the time I don't have the time to enter a cake but that's ok because I enjoy seeing other peoples talent. This year the show did not disappoint. I snapped some pictures of some of the divisional cakes that caught my eye and of course I will cover the wedding cake division in a separate post. i hope you enjoy seeing some of the cakes from the show if you could not make it to the show yourself. Lots of talented people around Md, D.C., and Va. Hope you enjoy!
 
The first category I stopped by was the Intermediate 5th Anniversary cakes (the special theme this year). I cannot believe these people are only at the intermediate level. The competition gets better every year. 
 




Sculpted Masters
 I know these categories are completely out of order but it was just how I walked through the show.

Novelty Tiered Masters
Love the fun pops of color on this one!

Advanced- Semi Pro 5th Anniversary Cakes

This cake was so detailed that it deserved two pictures! Amazing!


Professional Sugar Showpiece
 
Two sided sugar showpiece equals awesome!

Semi-pro Novelty Tiered.
This cake looked so realistic I thought it would come off the pot. The photo does not do this one justice.


Professional Sculpted




Professional Special Occasion




Advanced Sculpted

Intermediate Novelty Tiered
Very cool steam punk carolsal

Beginner Special Occasion and Novelty
Ok, so I don;t know what you think but to me this person is by no means a beginner. I mean don't get me wrong they may have just started decorating but their talent is up there with the pros.
 

Beginner Cupcakes
Such a cute idea for cupcakes!



I hope you enjoyed this little peak at what the Capital Area Cake Show had to offer. Some very talented people in this show. Stay tuned for the spectacular wedding cakes! 

No comments: