Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Recent Wedding Cakes

Since wedding season is officially upon us I thought I would share some of our more recent cakes. First, up was an all buttercream cake with royal icing piping. The bride wanted the cake to have a lot of over piping and detail. This is not traditionally our style but I think this cake looked beautiful, classic and elegant.
 
Here is a close-up of all that piping which took hours of work.
The bride also ordered a surprise grooms cake for her hubby. I love when a bride does this but it always makes it tricky for me not to accident;y ruin the surprise. So far I have not spilled the beans early, and have not run into any grooms while delivering surprise cakes.
The boat was purchased with the couples honeymoon money so the boat was named "the honeymoon" in Italian. So cute! 

 
The next cake was a cake we made for Cake Central magazine. It was featured in Volume 4 issue 4. The theme was ombre and the inspiration picture included a bride with yellow orchids and yellow and green striped hair. I went with a square cake because the inspiration picture was very modern. I wanted to display ombre is a different way so I came up with this modern design and added the orchids to include the inspiration photo. 

The next cake made in collaboration with a local invitation vendor friend that wanted to pair his invitations with a matching cake. The invitation we selected were a very pale pink and ivory with hints of brown. When I looked at the invitations I thought it would be easy to come up with a matching cake but, after changing my design several times I finally came up with something I was happy with and matched the invitations to a tee. 


I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into some of the things we have been working on lately. We have lots of great things to come this year so stay tuned for more great tutorials, birthday bashes and real weddings.

No comments: